Sunday, April 02, 2006

Pictures from today - Sunday (Melanie)






Melanie here. We are having a fab time and learning so much! One thing these kids know how to do better than eating is SHOPPING. Holy moly! Parents, bring your checkbooks to the airport...your kids are in debt to me.

We shop. We learn about women organizing for economic independence. We write in our journals. We talk about the Guatemalan civil war. We sing songs in spanish in the van. We have shopping purchases show and tell. We eat great food. WE DO IT ALL!

I´ve been getting very nostalgic being back here in Guatemala where I had one of the most transformative years of my life. Makes me want to come back and study more about human rights.

Hey, family and friends, I miss you.

4 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie - thank you again for pulling together such an incredible experience. Love seeing the pictures and reading the stories to get some of the flavor of the area.

Peggy (Collin's mom)

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiye,
Don't forget to bring a gift for Ms. Prince....since I can see you and Natalie are shopping up a storm and you've got your mom paying for it...you might as well throw something cute in there for me....

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie!
It looks like you guys are having a wonderful time! I need a huge favor --- I saw the colorful headband Candice & Natalie are wearing. Can you please.... please .... get me one and I will pay you back. Thank you --- thank you Melanie! - Cynthia

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie - Look like you guys are having a fabulous trip...When I was little my grandmother use to bring me dolls like the one your holding in the picture - Mayra

 

Post a Comment

<< Home