Monday, April 03, 2006

Top 3 List compiled by Melanie

Top 3 things the students know how to do...
1) EAT
2) SHOP (they´ve learned to ask good questions first though about who made the products)
3) DANCE!!! We took a salsa and merengue class this afternoon. I¨ll post pictures tomorrow. Every one of the students was great!

But aside from this, the delegates are also asking great questions about the political realities in Guatemala. Yesterday we were in the van discussing Fidel, Cuba and Puerto Rico´s independence movement. Impressive.

Tomorrow we are off to a coffee co-op to learn about fair trade coffee and visiting a memorial to a town that was massacred in the 1980s.

Thanks so all our fans who have been keeping up with our blog. Off to dinner...

6 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the next best thing to being there with you guys. I have been telling everyone at LHS to make sure to check out the blog. The pictures are great also...Mayra

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey LHS'ers! Sounds like you are having an absolutely fabulous time down there, learning a bunch and living it up. I'm here in rainy San Francisco getting...well, wetter and wetter. Started my cooking class today, which was a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to the rest of the week. I'm so excited for all of you to have this wonderful opportunity-- I hope you soak in every single minute!

Enjoy! Mr. Myers

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading these posts and I love the pictures! It's nostalgic for me to see pictures of Guatemala Manuel-style.
It makes me proud to hear about all the good you are doing and all the knowledge you are gaining to share with all of us!

PS. Good luck with Ms. Manuel - don't let her take you to dance classes just to show off her moves :)

Safe travels - Patty O

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Srta. Manuel said...

I too am enjoying the up to date photos.
Feels like I'm on the trip with them.

Looks like you guys are doing alot of walking.

Continue to enjoy yourselves.

Tiye's Mom

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Los fotos son buenisimios. Lo parece que la delegacion esta haciendo mucho en un tiempo corto. Estoy celloso.

Que pena como Melanie es tan lejos de mi. Te extrano mucho...quidate

- Jon

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie,
We can't thank you enough for keeping us up to date on what's happening on your trip. The photos make me feel like I'm almost there!
This has all the makings of a life-changing trip. Thanks for making this happen,
-Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home