Thursday, March 23, 2006

Patrick

Patrick here,

I'm an 18 teen year old spanish speaker from San Francisco, California, and I'm excited about going to guatemala!!!!

While in the country I plan on looking in on the human rights situation there specifically the indiginous populations rights in regards to article 21 of the Universal Decleration of Human Rights; tyhat every one has the right to take part in their government and everyone has equal access to the civil services offered by the government.

I joined this delegation to expand my sphere of knowlage, it's all well and good to read about the situstion of developing economies and poverty in the third world, but going out and seeing it frist hand will allow me possibly to make more informed decidions down the line.

Patrick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home