Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Crazy Chilero Guatemala from Jeremiah To the people


TEACHING SOME DANCE MOVES TO A KID IN LA TRINIDAD. HIS FAMILY TOOK REFUGE IN MEXICO FOR 16 YEARS DURING THE CIVIL WAR.


Well people i plan to get some canelitas de leche for my family i bought so much stuff already though,got my pop´s some guatemalan coffe, real strong stuff. I tried it myself and i bought some other things for my sister, mom and dad. I been here in guatemala for a while people hey i learned to dance salsa and mereunge and i plan to show off some of my moves in the Dance we are trying to go to tommorow. Yesterday and Today we went to co-ops to witness people trying to make a living and devising ways they can get all the money they can. We visted one that was a ceramic co-op that was apprenticed that became it´s own place once the owner left his master artist and created his co-op. We also visited a school and talked to the principle about the problems they faced. The school population has kept growing and is npw out of porportion from people trying to go to school. I witnessed the effects massacres had on people now after the civil wars and it breaks my heart to see a people that has a beautiful area of land be desteoyed by their countrie´s destructive past, hatred being directed towards the Mayans a people that just wants to have normal lives. I´m part mayan and i see my people being oppressed and it hits me heart deep. I wish their lives could be so much eaiser. They are still prosecuted and a lot of their rights are taken from them. The spanish people have taken away their lands and have treated them like garbage. Why can´t they just treat the mayan people like brothers? This thought puzzles my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home