Saturday, April 01, 2006

zoe here...and i didnt die on the plane, yay!

hi! so im assuming you all know that we arrived safely (although rather tired from sleeping about 30 mins all night). Im in a small internet cafe at the moment. We are having a wonderful time, visiting with school children (i made a goal in soccer, yay!!!) as well as a Mayan women´s weaving cooperatives. We also went to the old capital, Antigua where we saw incredible ancient ruins as well as experiencing a store owner trying to rip me off for the first time. Despite all the amazing things we have seen, it is also clear how poverty-striken these places are, which is very inspiring to us all to learn and do what we can to educate ourselves on situations down here. Everything is going well though, and hoping everything back home is the same. were on our way to lago atitlan tomorrow, very exciting (its a sunken in volcano). till the next time were in an internet cafe, love zoe. (dont be shy, leave some comments, i miss u guys)

to orange (think prom dresses)-
candice and i talked and think it might be a good idea to just talk to betty when we all get back, but keep me posted if she calls u etc. and im glad things with u and bob are good, lets keep it that way.oh yeah, WHAT???? what is this about wanting to talk, noooooooooooooo, what about?...and trust me, you will be a part of it. i miss u like crazy, its not even slightly funny. oh yeah, for future notice, lets communicate by e-mail...i hope ur having fun in www. love u chica. and tell me something interesting that isnt about drama involving us, ok?

4 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you didn't die..cause uhh yeah that would suck. But..its snowing in Washington and its superrr hot in Guatemala (i thought you were going to Venezuela)..but i miss you and i want to come back to SF

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi daughter of mine,
I'm so glad you didn't die on the plane! (I didn't die on the plane from Boston, either).
It's so much fun to read your blog... it sounds like you're all having a great time in spite of not getting a lot of sleep. Congratulations on your soccer goal; it's good to know somebody in this family is good at sports!
Hope your travels are good and everyone stays healthy (Sorry about that mom thing, I can't help it...)
Love you, miss you,
-Mom

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zozie mozie... Hey buddy how u been girl? I hope ur enjoying your self. Take some pics and have a party. Then come back home and tell me all about it. Guess wut 10 more days until my birthday. Wut are we going to do? Wut are we going to do? Well my love I hope we can have a party when you gat back. For sure I'm not having a party. Not with out you!WEll talk to you later. Luv ya -Rachel

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe - Thankfully I also didn't die on BART the other day when it stalled in the tunnel for about 3 years (well, more like and hour and half). I also didn't die while furniture shopping at Ikea this past weekend - but that was a close one too.

It looks like you all are have a fantabulous time. I love escaping from my email and pile-o-work into your travel log. Don't forget to remember the smells before you go down to sleep at night and the sounds that wake you the following morning. Cause I wanna hear all about this stuff when you get home.

Think Greece. Yippee!

Love you more than "America's Next Top Chef" which I'm starting to like as much as Project Runway. - :) Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home