Thursday, March 23, 2006

This Is Tiye

Hi!! My name is Tiye Jones I'm 15 years old I am black and sadly the only black student going. I love to dance and eat and sleep and learn and play soccer and better myself and become more knowledgeable about who I am. I am doing my first blog 7 days before we leave to go to Guatemala. Im excited to go and visit a place I have never visited before. I have always been interested in equal rights for countries that have endured alot of suffering. So when I went to Mexico last year with the school and had a great time I was super excited that we would be going somewhere else this year. My two human rights are articles 11 and 13. Everyone accused of a crime has the right to a decent defense, and everyone has the right to freedom of movement and residence, and part two of that is everyone has the right to leave her country and return to her own. I am very excited to get away from HOME!! I love traveling so I'm used to long flights and language barriers. I'm excited and I got to go pack!!!

TIYE
PEACE!!!

2 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiye, you were such a super star on our Border Justice Delegation. I am thrilled to have you for a whole week in Guatemala:-) Your mom said that you came back from the Mexico trip all fired up. I hope you learn so much in Guatemala and come back even more fired up about working for human rights.
Note: I am writing this to Tiye because she was all, "Someone write me a comment please!"

xoxo,
Miss Manuel (Melanie)

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Tiye's mom.

Checking to see if you all arrived safe and sound.

Hopefully, you all packed the clothes you needed.

Tiye--I miss you (psych). I do love you.

Mom

Robin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home